- The Sacred Band is an edition of the book written by Janet and Chris Morris. It was published by Paradise Publishing in April 2010 as an e-book.
- What doesn't bend must break, when dooms are apportioned and destiny takes the lead. As it will now, and as it must, until this struggle ends.
- "Men are fools who forget what really matters while time goes by. "
- No mercy goes unpunished by the angry gods.
- "Be careful what you pray for."
- This was what men fought for, what men died for: a chance at life, and to fight on other days -- the battle of your choice, of the body, or the heart, or the soul.
- And Tempus thought then that nothing was more worthwhile than what was growing in this whitewashed barracks, where he has come to build a force such as men or gods have never seen -- a force worth reckoning with, if you were of a mind. And something was of that mind. And something else opposed it. He should have expected that. Battle in the heavens, battle on the earth.
- He who is praised to the skies lives a life of fantasy
- War is all and king of all
- All things come into being out of strife
- It is hard to battle anger, for whatever it wants it pays from the soul.