Quotations About This Subject
- To do the same thing over and over again is not only boredom: it is to be controlled by rather than to control what you do.
- Boredom: the desire for desires.
- Boredom is a vital problem for the moralist, since at least half the sins of mankind are caused by the fear of it.
- There are moments when, faced with our lack of success, I wonder whether we are failures, proud but impotent. One thing reassures me as to our value: the boredom that afflicts us. It is the hall-mark of quality in modern men.
- Against boredom the gods themselves fight in vain.
- The concept of boredom entails an inability to use up present moments in a personally fulfilling way.
- The man who lets himself be bored is even more contemptible than the bore.
- Everything considered, work is less boring than amusing oneself.
- Since boredom advances and boredom is the root of all evil, no wonder, then, that the world goes backwards, that evil spreads. This can be traced back to the very beginning of the world. The gods were bored; therefore they created human beings.
- If you're bored with life -- you don't get up every morning with a burning desire to do things -- you don't have enough goals.