Maxwell Maltz en
Maxwell Maltz was an American cosmetic surgeon and author of Psycho-Cybernetics, which was a system of ideas that he claimed could improve one's self-image. In turn, the person would lead a more successful and fulfilling life. He wrote several books, among which Psycho-Cybernetics was a long-time bestseller — influencing many subsequent self-help teachers. His orientation towards a system of ideas that would provide self-help is considered the forerunner of the now popular self-help books. In 1923, Maltz graduated with a doctorate in medicine from the Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons. In 1960, Psycho-Cybernetics: A New Way to Get More Living out of Life was first published by Prentice-Hall and appeared in a pocket book edition by 1969. The book introduced Maltz's views where a person must have an accurate and positive view of him- or herself before setting goals; otherwise he or she will get stuck in a continuing pattern of limiting beliefs. His ideas focus on visualizing one's goals and he believes that self-image is the cornerstone of all the changes that take place in a person. [ - ]
|Spouse||From||To||Type of union||Location of ceremony|
|Institution||Start Date||End Date||Degree||Major/Field Of Study||Specialization||Minor|
- The self-image is the key to human personality and human behavior. Change the self image and you change the personality and the behavior.
- Close scrutiny will show that most crisis situations are opportunities to either advance, or stay where you are.
- For imagination sets the goal picture which our automatic mechanism works on. We act, or fail to act, not because of will, as is so commonly believed, but because of imagination.
- When you see a thing clearly in your mind, your creative success mechanism within you takes over and does the job much better than you could do it by conscious effort or willpower.
- It is an old psychological axiom that constant exposure to the object of fear immunizes against the fear.
- We are built to conquer environment, solve problems, achieve goals, and we find no real satisfaction or happiness in life without obstacles to conquer and goals to achieve.
- Within you right now is the power to do things you never dreamed possible. This power becomes available to you just as you can change your beliefs.
- We are injured and hurt emotionally, Not so much by other people or what they say and don't say, But by our own attitude and our own response.
- Remember you will not always win. Some days, the most resourceful individual will taste defeat. But there is, in this case, always tomorrow -- after you have done your best to achieve success today.
- You may live in an imperfect world but the frontiers are not closed and the doors are not all shut.