Quotations About This Subject
- He who ashamed of his poverty would be equally proud of his wealth.
- What we have found in this country, and maybe we're more aware of it now, is one problem that we've had, even in the best of times, and that is the people who are sleeping on the grates, the homeless, you might say, by choice.
- The destruction of the poor is their poverty.
- If the rich could hire other people to die for them, the poor could make a wonderful living.
- Whoever shuts his ears at the cry of the poor, they also shall cry themselves, but not be heard.
- The poor will always be with you. -- John 12: 8
- Poverty is the parent of revolution and crime.
- There's a point of poverty at which the spirit isn't with the body all the time. It finds the body really too unbearable. So it's almost as if you were talking to the soul itself. And a soul's not properly responsible.
- There is a noble manner of being poor, and who does not know it will never be rich.
- The greatest evils and the worst of crimes is poverty; our first duty, a duty to which every other consideration should be sacrificed, is not to be poor.