close

  
Filter options:

Freebase Commons Metaweb System Types /type

Object is not asserted on this topic.
Key

Freebase Commons Common /common

  • Puławy is a town in eastern Poland, in Lublin Province, on the Wisła and Kurówka rivers. According to the 2006 census estimate, the town had a total population of 49,839. Puławy is the capital of Puławy County, and was known as Nowa Aleksandria from 1846 to 1918. Its coat of arms is the Pahonia. Puławy was first mentioned in documents in the 15th century. At that time, it was spelled as Pollavy, and its name probably comes from a Vistula river ford, which was located nearby. The town is a local center of science, industry and tourism, together with nearby Nałęczów and Kazimierz Dolny. Puławy is home to Poland’s first permanent museum, it also is a Vistula river port. The town has two bridges, four rail stations, and serves as a road junction. In the nearby Dęblin there is an airport. Puławy has several sports clubs, with the most famous ones being Wisła Pulawy, and Azoty Puławy.

Freebase Commons Location /location

Street Address Street Address 2 Street Address 3 Street Address 4 City/Town State/Province/Region Postal Code Country
  • -
Measurement date Measurement currency Measurement value Adjustment date Adjustment currency Adjusted value Source
  • -

Comments

Hide