<p>Cadet College Petaro is an educational institution from grade 8 to grade 12, in the southern province of Sindh in Pakistan about 20 miles (32 km) from Hyderabad. Its campus occupies over 700 acres (2.8 km²) on the west bank of the Indus River on the road from Hyderabad to Dadu, Larkana and Quetta.
The college was founded in August 1957 at Mirpurkhas, Sindh as a residential institution. It was established under the name of Government Cadet College Mirpurkhas. The college came into being due to the efforts of Mr. A.M. Nizamani, the then Director of Education of Hyderabad Region, and sanctioned by Mr. Muhammad Ayub Khuhro, Defence Minister of Pakistan.
The first batch of teachers joined the college on 5 August 1957 at Mirpurkhas while the college building was still under preparation. These five teachers were Mr. Abdullah Khadim Hussain, Mr. Feroz Yusuf Khan, Mr. Aziz Ahmed Farooqui, Mr. Hasan Masud Zuberi, and Mr. Syed Zahoorul Hasan. While the government had advertised for the position of Principal of the college, Mr. Mohammed Hasnain was appointed as the In Charge (Acting) Principal on August 25, 1957 for the initial few months. He was soon succeeded by Col.(retd) J.H.H. Coombes on</p>