close

  
Filter options:

Freebase Commons Metaweb System Types /type

Object is not asserted on this topic.
Key

Freebase Commons Common /common

  • Glitnir was an international Icelandic bank. It was created by the state-directed merger of the country's three privately held banks - Alþýðubanki, Verzlunarbanki and Iðnaðarbanki - and one failing publicly held bank - Útvegsbanki - to form Íslandsbanki in 1990. At the time, Íslandsbanki was the only major privately held commercial bank in Iceland. It was publicly listed on the Iceland Stock Exchange, in 1993. Íslandsbanki subsequently merged with FBA Icelandic Investment Bank in 2000. On 20 February 2009, in light of the Icelandic financial crisis, the bank’s name was changed back to the original Íslandsbanki. By 15 October 2009, it was decided that 95% of the new Íslandsbanki would be taken over by the creditors of Old Glitnir, while the government of Iceland would retain ownership of the remaining 5%. Wikipedia

Freebase Commons Business /business

Freebase Commons Organization /organization

Street Address Street Address 2 Street Address 3 Street Address 4 City/Town State/Province/Region Postal Code Country
  • -
  • -
  • -
  • -
  • -

Comments

Hide