Important! Freebase is read-only and will be shut-down. More.
- Gold rims glisten on chariot wheels, on ancient demons decorating the dream-forged car bearing the Riddler -- called Tempus the Obscure, the Black, the Sleepless One -- keeper of all their fates, heroic in form, with eyes that can bring a man back from hell. -- The Sacred Band
Quotations addressed to this addressee
- "Nature has a surer plan than mortals can devise."
- "Survival has its own etiquette."
- Loyalty must be forged – to him, to his: stronger than iron, from experience, from risk – it can’t be bought, or taught, or promised before the fact. Allegiance must be earned so it will hold, win or lose.
- "The two stallions, the silver and the black, represent the equine god (whomsoever horses pray to) in this ritual so ancient that no one knows what god to thank."
- Everyone prepares for battle in his own way.
- For the gift of life, the only true thanks was in living fully, and facing death with honor.
- To take care of the world seemed, finally, a privilege rather than a burden. The Riddler had led them to life's greatest victory. They had found a home.
- The universe forgives those who give until their hearts are aching and their spirits weak, and finds a way to renew all strength and cure all ills, in this world or the next, if a soul can just have faith.
- You count up your dead, every one. Always. Recall them, each and all – every face, every heart.