<p>Greenhills is a small village or hamlet in North Ayrshire, Parish of Beith, Scotland. It lies between the settlements of Barrmill and Burnhouse on a crossroads of the B706 and the lanes to Nettlehirst and Tandlehill via Thirdpart. It is named after the 'Green Hill' an artificial mound, a Moot, Law or Justice hill that once stood here. The settlement lay within the old Barony of Giffen; the castle no longer exists. The village lies within Barrmill and District Community Association's area and is also covered by Beith Community Council.
This small settlement is shown on General Roy's survey of 1747 - 55, under the name of 'Greenhill' in the singular and has two buildings indicated where the old school was situated.
The school, built from Ballochmyle red sandstone, opened in the 1890s with Mr. Mudie as headteacher, at the time that Hessilhead school closed. A temporary building in the playground was used as a dining hall. It was built on the site of the cart wheel workshop and was mid-way between Burnhouse and Barrmill. Greenhills closed in 1959, it was sold in 1964 and demolished in the mid 1980s; having been used for some years as a glue factory by Strathbond Ltd who still trade</p>